The Hackensack Housing Authority Office will be closed effective immediately and will reopen tentatively March 26th.
Our mission is to provide adequate and affordable housing, economic opportunity and a suitable living environment free from discrimination and an atmosphere that promotes educational growth and family stability.
The Housing Authority has also established the following goals:
- To be the best property owner in the City of Hackensack.
- To provide an environment of hope and opportunity to its family residents in their quest to self-actualize.
- To utilize it resources in economical and efficient manner in meeting its goals and objectives.
- To provide the necessary services to allow its capable family residents to move to private market housing.
- To provide services to the elderly and disabled that allows them to remain in their independent living environment for as long as humanly possible.
- To ensure that all residents reside in a safe and secure environment.
The Hackensack Housing Authority strongly believes that public housing can be successful when it is rich in social services, provides excellent daily maintenance and is careful and judicious in its tenant selection procedures. Our commitment and experience substantiates this belief.